40° 9' 45.680" N / 74° 9' 14.480" W
Originally established in 1778, the Quaker Cemetery at Lower Squankum is now hidden in plain view— wedged on all sides imposingly fast-paced roadways (Interstate 195 to the north, the entry and exit ramps of Lakewood Farmingdale Road to the west and east), the only way in is through an unnamed and very easily missed median cut-through lane to the south of the cemetery.
Once there, the history is deeply evident; a family burial plot which was once likely centered by a moderate pine tree has now been encroached by a mighty conifer that has grown so large that the surrounding headstones are now just leaning around the trunk.
This was a weird one for us; its location and accessibility are so easily bypassed that we certainly didn't expect a guy in a pickup truck to be hanging out in the parking lot when we arrived; it only got more awkward as he watched us wander the grounds and set up our photo the entire time. Eh, it's Jersey— we should expect it by now.